Cover Care Tips
Helpful Tips from people like you...Danuu cover owners!
J.D. - Put your cover on your craft before strapping it onto your car.
N.D. - Where I live it seems to rain all the time...I never let the water well on the cover for long and find that my 3 year old cover took well to a bit of scotch guard to keep it doing it's job!
J.B. - ...when traveling with the boats on the roof rack...We've discovered that criss-crossing the side straps under the boat works great to stop the parachute effect, i.e., the left side strap crosses underneath to the right and buckles into the right and vice versa. (see pic on How to Cover page)
T.R. - If you are using the cover in transport, give a twist to the straps to reduce the wind friction and noise from the straps.
Danuu Tips and Suggestions
- For prolonged and/or high speed travel use, add some padding between direct boat and strap contact.
- Our covers like being handled. Fabric that remains immobile can get stale, so give the covers a bit of love now and then!
- The Flag-bag is meant to be turned inside out and closed so it does not cause drag while in transit. Others never use it and actually perform the surgery to cut the bag part off leaving just the flap part in place so it can continue to be useful as a flag in transit. While Danuu does not suggest that, it is your cover and if that works better for you, just be careful not to cut any stitching or compromise the integrity of the cover.
Cover Care Tips
- We have people ask us about washing their Danuu cover. Yes, it can be washed in a machine but we suggest sponging it down with just soap and water. The beating a washer gives it will reduce the life of the water repellency. If you do machine wash it, hit it with some Scotch Guard or McNett's water repellency products to restore that property.
- With time, prolonged exposure to the elements robs any fabric of its oils (yes, polyester does have oils!) To keep your cover in top condition over the years, give it a boost of treatment to help keep it protecting your paddle craft. There are several companies that provide treatments for outdoor equipment, we recommend McNett or even Nikwax. See our Cover Care Page for our recommended products.
- If your cover takes on some mold, try some Oxy detergent on the area. Remember to give the water resistance a boost with repellent treatments after any good scrubbing. Check out the McNett MiraZyme for help with mold. McNett has these and a whole host of other products for all your outdoor gear. Check out their other products by going to their website for videos and how-to tips for all their products.
There are no products listed under this category.